Driftwood

Two posts in a week! That's pretty much a record especially since I have been away from this bloggy world for so long. I guess I've had a lot on my mind these past days, weeks, and months. I've had a lot roaming in my mind and there has been a lot that I have wanted to do, but I haven't moved forward.
I've had my reasons, but I will admit that they are excuses. A lot of it has been affected by fear. I keep telling myself it's because I am waiting. Waiting for what? Well, I've been waiting for the perfect opportunities, and well there is no perfect opportunity. I've been waiting on people, but I can't let waiting on them hold me back.
These last couple of weeks I have found clarity. I have taken time away from my normal routine. I've given myself some solitary time to ponder and study. I've spoken to a close friend or two that I trust. I discovered that I need to let things go. I need to sacrifice some of the things that I am waiting for and want so dearly, so that I can move ahead. I'm not even sure that I'm making any sense, but to me it makes perfect sense. I may still get what I want, but I have to let go so that I can leap into something new.
I've been needing something new, a change. And a change has come, I can feel it. I have a plan to carry out. I have multiple plans. It's been very interesting and this is when the driftwood comes into place. Random title? Yeah, I know. But, life hasn't felt quit the same for me as it use too. I feel like either I am drifting away or that everything and everyone is drifting away from me. Friends, this isn't meant to sound depressing. I can feel change coming and I feel at peace with it. So, I am driftwood. I am a piece of wood in a huge lake or wild river drifting. Drifting towards something new!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another bit of Bittersweet

Seriously?

To be BuOYant