A Sacrifice

It has been six years since my last blog. However, I have had a lot on my mind and will be slowly returning to the blog world. This may also be a chance for friends and others to get to see me in a different light. Today my blog will have some religious insight. I do not mean to hurt or offend anyone, my intent is to share and I hope to possibly give others something to consider, to ponder, and to think about.

What is a sacrifice? Interestingly enough when you google sacrifice the definition is to slaughter an animal or person, or giving up a possession as an offering to God or other supreme being. Now, I am going to relate this to life today during COVID-19. Please, don't tune me out, please don't delete the screen. I ask that you continue to read on and hear me out, because this has been on my mind and pieces have been coming together. Over a week ago we had Easter. There is something about Easter and spring that I love. Colors are coming back outside, the sun is out more, and rebirth of life begins.

Rebirth, my thoughts on rebirth and Easter turns my mind to my Savior Jesus Christ. Who sacrificed his life for me, and for you. He did something so noble, so selfless, and so loving. He sacrificed himself, so that I and you may have the opportunity to live again. He sacrificed himself, suffered my sins, of your sins, so that we could be forgiven and live again. What are we willing to sacrifice?

What are we willing to sacrifice, so that others may remain healthy? What are we willing to sacrifice, so that others may live? I understand that we all are different and that are lifestyles are not the same, but we all can make sacrifices. A sacrifice may be choosing not to go to the grocery store when you have that sudden craving. A sacrifice may be not to hug your loved ones even though you truly could use one yourself. A sacrifice may be not to go to your friend's house or go out socializing with others, even though you feel you need it to survive, but guess what you will survive. A sacrifice may be not to visit your family members, or go to work, there are many different forms of sacrifice and now is the time to rise.

I understand the hardships we are facing, but What would Jesus Do? If you are having a hard time deciding maybe think of it this way, What would the adversary or Satan Do? Would Satan do what he wants when he wants, would he think about how his actions can affect others? He can be loud, but I believe that most of the time he is quiet, subtle, sly, and sneaky. Kind of like COVID-19, we do not know how it started. We do not know if we could be a 'silent carrier'. From the South China Morning Post it was reported that more than 43,000 people had been tested positive with COVID-19 without showing immediate symptoms. That is a third of their cases being 'silent carriers.'

Please don't be careless, don't be selfish. Think before you act. Could my actions potentially cause harm to someone else? I may feel fine, I may look fine, but who knows what I may silently be caring and then quietly or subtly passing to a friend, a stranger, roommate, coworker, family member, or loved one. Please take this seriously, please do not harass, and please try not to judge, and pretty please think before you act. Take it day by day and think about what can I sacrifice today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another bit of Bittersweet

Seriously?

To be BuOYant