Experience Versus Transaction

One day, a couple months ago I had to attend a work meeting. Right now I work in retail. I brought paper and a pen to take notes, but I mainly use them to doddle. That day I sat holding my paper and pen, dropping my paper and pen and switching my position a lot. However, I actually paid attention.

The speaker shared a story and the story has stuck with me. His story was about when he went to a store and had a problem with an item. He took his dysfunctional item to customer service. They returned to him his money, but he later found out they didn't fix the problem with the item. This left him feeling perplexed, they obviously didn't care. More like a transaction.It's like they only met the problem half way. They gave the man his money back, but they didn't fix the problem for the future customers.

 He used this story to help us understand an experience from a transaction. Working in retail you sometimes get more carried away with the sales, numbers, and fixing things fast. Sometimes you forget that there is a person on the other end. He explained to us that you do not want the person your working with to feel like they are just a transaction. You want them to know that you care and want to help them the best you can by accommodating and listening to their wants and needs.

As I was listening to his story and comparison, I thought about how this could relate to me and my life outside of work. People want to feel and know that you care. With his story leaving a good experience with others shows that you care. Following up, shows that you care. I want to live a life so that those I interact with feel and know I care. I want to make good experinces.

I apologize if my thoughts aren't clear. If I sound like a confused rambling nut that makes nonsense into her own sense. It probably is only confusing to the three or one who even read this post. However, it left a good note with me. It made me think. I hope you can all have and make others have good experiences

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another bit of Bittersweet

Seriously?

To be BuOYant