A Pet Peeve

We all have pet peeves. Well, most of us have some sort of irritation or annoyance.  Some are major and other minor. If you are pet peeve free congratulations! Seriously, I'm working on mine.I have a secret pet peeve that will no longer be secret. I try to ignore it. Some days I am cool and just let it go, but then other days it really bothers me. This week it has really bothered me. It's an easy fix too, and I really don't think people realize what they're doing and I should correct them on the spot, but I don't and that's my fault.
Some of you that know me well enough may have already guessed what it is? Mostly everyone pronounces my name incorrectly. My name is Lauren, spelled as you can see with AU not O like Loren. There are some girls named Lauren that pronounce there name Loren. That is not my case. It drives me crazy and I laugh inside and mentally shake my head when I introduce myself as Lauren and they automatically call me Loren. That is when I should make the correction. It's spelled differently and Loren is a males name just a random fact for you all. I do appreciate those who do pronounce my name correctly. I do notice, it has a nice ring to it. It catches my attention.
Thanks friends for letting me get this off my chest. I do appreciate it. No, I am not offended if you've been pronouncing my name incorrectly and hopefully you aren't offended for my honest opinion.

Comments

  1. Ha, it's really not an honest opinion. It's a statement a declaration.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Another bit of Bittersweet

Seriously?

To be BuOYant