Family First

        First of all I should be studying right now, but this has been on my mind all week and I need to write it down. Get it out.  So yeah, Family. I would do anything for a member of my family. I am loyal to the core and they would do the same for me, because that is family. Family should come first above all and I think sometimes we take advantage of that idea and we forget and get carried away in our own lives. A lot of times we go to friends for aid before family. In some situations one has too. Some of us don't have a supportive family or a family at all. If you aren't in that situation, then always go to family.
       Positives to family. You can get in an argument and then ten minutes it's like it never happened. I've argued with my parents and siblings a lot. They've hurt my feelings too, but I would never trade them in. I can rely on my family. Family will return your calls, at least mine do. They will not ignore me or give me the silent treatment. They will openly communicate their feelings. I've had what I thought good relationships among friends. Then I come to find out that they've either been sneaking behind my back (Trying not to hurt my feelings, which hurts worse. Lets just communicate people.), or ignore me and drop of the face of the planet (out of site out of mind so they say). Family, at least mine would never do this.
        I've been blessed with an amazing family. Yeah we argue, but we also laugh. We cry, but again we also laugh. We support, and we lift each other up. I've learned a lot this week, this year. It is better to communicate and open up to your family before your friends. Sometimes we think they will not understand us, but they usually do. I had an experience this last week with my Grandfather. I needed to talk to someone, and not just anyone. The friends I could have used weren't around. I had family out of town. I did have a feeling to go to my Grandparents. I chatted with my Grandmother and then sat with my Grandfather. BEST IDEA EVER. I went in thinking he wouldn't understand what I was going through at the time, but he did. He understood and gave me his love and support. That's another thing. Family will always love you no matter what you do.
          Friends, please don't worry. I know I have friends that I can talk too, but I learned an important life lesson. I learned that proper communication is best. Honestly is always best and you'll gain respect instead of sneaking around, hiding, or avoiding someone. We could all do better, myself included. I learned that it is okay to open up to family. My family knows me best.  I've learned how to be a better sister, daughter, granddaughter, niece, cousin, and friend. Until next time. P.S. pardon my grammar/ spelling it's been a long night :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another bit of Bittersweet

Seriously?

To be BuOYant